DIRECTIONS & PARKINGHalloween on the Green will take place at Ferny Creek Recreational Reserve - 16 Clarkmont Road, Sassafras 3787, Victoria on Saturday the 27th of October 2018. You’re invited!
There will be NO parking within the Reserve. Please don’t drop off patrons at the Reserve entrance. It is essential that we keep traffic flow as uninterrupted as possible. Please park your vehicles and walk safely to the Reserve, being mindful of private residences and noise levels along the way.
A map of parking at the venue can be found here!
LocalsIf you reside in close proximity to the Reserve please walk to the event. Your movement and colour as you make your way to the venue will ensure excitement for all those attending.
Sassafras/Ferny Creek CFA Volunteers & Ferny Creek 1st Scouts VictoriaOur experienced local Sassafras/Ferny Creek CFA brigade members will act as Traffic Marshals on the day. CFA members will be easily recognisable and we ask that all those attending respect their directions to ensure safety for pedestrians and traffic flow for cars. CFA members will also be paired with long-standing members of our local scouts and/or volunteer parents to assist with traffic and pedestrian flow in and out of the venue.
How To Get ThereWe highly recommend that you share a ride with family, friends and neighbours. Set your destination as one of the passenger loading zones (designated from 12:00 noon - 6:00pm)
Passenger Loading Zones
- Sassafras Primary School Located at 399 Mount Dandenong Tourist Road - Sassafras VIC 3787
- Sassafras Village Parking
- Sherbrooke Community School Located at 311 Mount Dandenong Tourist Road - Sassafras VIC 3787
- Burnham Beeches Service Road *Angle Parking for 70 cars Located next to Claredon Cottages B&B in Clarkmont Street - Sassafras VIC 3787
Limited off-street parking available in the following locations:
- Parking along The Crescent, Sassafras
- Parking along Clarkmont Road, Sassafras
- Parking along Hilton Road, Sassafras
- Parking along Hethersett Road, Sassafras
- Parking along Sherbrooke Road, Sherbrooke
Public ParkingFirst come, first served. Public Parking is available for free at the following points. *Please check gate times for closure hours
- Alfred Nicholas Memorial Garden Carpark Located at 1A Sherbrooke Road, Sherbrooke VIC 3789
- Sherbrooke Picnic Ground Carpark Located off Sherbrooke Lodge Road, Sherbrooke VIC 3789
- O’Donohue Picnic Ground Carpark Located at the end of Sherbrooke Lodge Rd, Sherbrooke VIC 3789
Free Minibus ShuttleTwo free minibus service carrying a maximum load of twenty four passengers at any one time will be operation on the day. The service will loop between Sassafras Primary School, Sherbrooke Community School, Ferny Creek Primary School and Sherbrooke Lodge Road collecting festival goers to a drop-off point outside of the reserve every 40 minutes. Please be patient with the free service.
Free Minibus Shuttle LoopsBus One Bus One Starting Point:
- The bus will depart from the public bus stop just before Sassafras Primary School (bus stop ID# 12570). It will turn around at Mason Grove to drive into Sherbrooke Community School to collect/drop off and onto Ferny Creek Reserve via Clarkmont Road to set down outside main entrance.
- From Ferny Creek Reserve the bus will depart down Clarkmont Road up One Tree Hill Road turning in to School Road and stopping outside Ferny Creek Primary School to collect/drop off before returning to the Reserve for set down. (following fire refuge signage) *Note: Departing Ferny Creek Primary School down School Road turning at ‘Beauty Bend’ along Mount Dandenong Tourist Road into Sherbrooke Road along Clarkmont Road to the Reserve.
- The bus will depart Ferny Creek Reserve turning in to Sherbrooke Road drive up Sherbrooke Lodge Road to the public carpark at O’Donohue Picnic Ground to collect/drop off passengers. *look for Halloween Signage.
- From O’Donohue Picnic Ground the bus will travel back long Sherbrooke Lodge Road to collect/drop off in Sherbrooke Road (bus stop ID# 12579) and back along Clarkmont Road to set down at the Reserve.